top of page
Long-time Chief Executive Officer Ben Silbermann of Pinterest would step down, handing over the reins of the social media platform to Google...

Stock Market

Google executive to take over as a new CEO of Pinterest

Top accounting firm Ernst & Young has been slammed with a record $100 million fine from the US government...

Stock Market

Accounting firm gets 100 million fine for faulty regulations

The Indian rupee slipped into a fresh low today and extended losses against the US dollar.


The rupee tumbled to a new low against the dollar in the midst of an increase in crude oil price

Wall Street saw a sharp fall at its closing in a broad sell-off. Consumers' worries over recession have sparked up...

Stock Market

Wall Street Lose Balance after recession strikes growth fear among consumers’

Soaring inflation may be pushing the US economy into a deep recession. Last week's 0.75% interest rate hike by the Federal Reserve...

Stock Market

Inflation ringing the recession bell - Mohammed Shaheen

Stock Markets

30 Sept 2021

Bharti Airtel to Expand Data Centers with $673 Million Investment

The Index Today

India’s major telecom group. Bharti Airtel announced on Thursday it plans to expand its data business center to meet growing consumer demand. The company aims to invest approximately $673 million on its new expansion project.

The investment plans are expected to be complete by the year 2025. Ajay Chitkara, Airtel Executive said new plans include increasing installed capacity to over 400 megawatts by constructing data center economy in over 80 major cities across the country. He further said in a virtual news conference, “There is a huge potential and huge demand for data centers which is expected in the next three to four years’ time.”

At the moment, Nxtra has around 10 large and 120 edge data centers and facilities across the country. The new expansion strategy aims to build more revenue streams and acquire a larger market share. The business plan is aimed to diversify lines to meet new demands as traditional voice services become obsolete.

Last year, Carlyle, U.S Private Equity group bought a 25% stake in Nxtra whereas Airtel still owns the remaining 75%. By the year 2025, public cloud spending is expected to cross $12 billion by 2025. Reliance Jio, one of the main rivals of Airtel has previously partnered with Microsoft in 2016 for data centers. This year, the firm has asked Google to help boost its consumer offerings and plans as it gears up to launch 5G network services.

Clay pottery with table linens
bottom of page